Bilston Cover Supervisor Job
Bilston Cover Supervisor Job – We are looking to supply a school in the Bilston area with a Cover Supervisor. The position will start in January 2019 to cover a maternity leave for the academic year.
Many schools like to use the same supply teachers due to continuity for the children and knowing the quality of learning they are receiving. As a result, if you make a good impression and show the school what you’re made of, they will constantly be asking for you back.
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding but it is also very demanding. The cover supervisor’s main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by an absent teacher.
FFE will consider applications from individuals who hold one of the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Post Graduate Degree
Cover supervisors are often highly qualified. Many schools specify a degree as a minimum educational requirement and require recent relevant experience working with secondary aged pupils in an educational setting. Cover supervisor jobs offer a fantastic opportunity for individuals looking to gain teaching and classroom experience before completing a PGCE.
Skills, Interests and Qualities
As a cover supervisor you will need to be:
· highly adaptable as there is no regular timetable
· be confident, organised and at times, diplomatic
· patient, flexible, creative with a good sense of humour
You will need to demonstrate that you have:
· experience of working with secondary aged children
· the ability to manage groups of children and cope with challenging behaviour.
· the ability to build good relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers
· a knowledge of the National Curriculum for KS3 and KS4
· the ability to work as part of a team
· good reading, writing and numeracy skills
· good IT skills
· A passion for educating young children
· Eagerness to grow and develop as a teacher
Bilston Cover Supervisor Job
Benefits in return, you will receive:
· A competitive salary
· Two-day intensive cover supervisor training programme
· Dedicated Consultant
· The opportunity to work with a family-run agency who value each candidate as an individual
What do I need to be a supply teacher for FFE?
All our staff who register with us must hold a valid enhanced disclosure. We can cross-check a current one through the DBS update service or you must apply for a new one. We can help with that. All of the new staff are interviewed by a FFE consultant.
All supply teachers must have:
· Enhanced DBS
· Two references
· Qualification checks
· Entitlement to work checks
· Proof of ID
Please call Kim on 01902 505560 for more information, or submit your CV to email@example.com.
First for Education Ltd. Is an employment business. We pay up to £350/week, but it is impossible to give an exact rate as we have to take into account experience, qualifications and responsibilities.