**Cover Supervisor – Walsall
Cover Supervisors required Walsall area
Cover supervisors were introduced as a way of maintaining teachersâ€™ non contact periods.
They have now become a permanent role in the majority of secondary schools, covering an absent teacher for reasons that include sickness, timetabled non contact time and time off for courses.
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding but it is also very demanding. The cover supervisorâ€™s main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by an absent teacher.
Role and Responsibilities
As a cover supervisor your role and responsibilities will include:
- covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
- managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- reporting back as appropriate, using the schoolâ€™s standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
FFE will consider applications from individuals who hold one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree
- Post Graduate Degree
Cover supervisors are often highly qualified. Many schools specify a degree as a minimum educational requirement and require recent relevant experience working with secondary aged pupils in an educational setting. Cover supervisor jobs offer a fantastic opportunity for individuals looking to gain teaching and classroom experience before completing a PGCE.
Skills, Interests and Qualities
As a cover supervisor you will need to be:
- highly adaptable as there is no regular timetable
- be confident, organised and at times, diplomatic
- patient, flexible, creative with a good sense of humour
You will need to demonstrate that you have:
- experience of working with secondary aged children
- the ability to manage groups of children and cope with challenging behaviour.
- the ability to build good relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers
- a knowledge of the National Curriculum for KS3 and KS4
- the ability to work as part of a team
- good reading, writing and numeracy skills
- good IT skills
Benefits in return, you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Two-day intensive cover supervisor training programme
- Dedicated Consultant
- The opportunity to work with a family-run agency who value each candidate as an individual
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS, references and Barred Checks, FFE is acting as an employment and business agency. FFE is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment.
If you require any further information, please contact Jaswinder Sidhu at FFE on 01902 505 560 or email email@example.com